Montessori School Manasquan, NJ
A Montessori education offers a global-thinking environment that is cherished, even in towns with high-performing public schools. The Monmouth Montessori Academy near Manasquan, NJ offers students an educational option in the Montessori Method, hailed for empowering children to be self-disciplined academics and outstanding citizens through education. The Montessori Method encourages each student to think critically, make choices, and follow their curiosity wherever it leads, not just to the end of the lesson plan.
Dr. Maria Montessori believed that, “In order for the materials to be of optimum benefit they must be presented to the child at the appropriate stage in his or her development by a trained Montessori teacher. The materials then allow the child to engage in self-directed, purposeful activity. The materials are beautiful and enticing and are displayed in an orderly and accessible way.” In keeping with Dr. Montessori’s philosophy, our classrooms present materials in five multi-sensory areas:
1. The Practical Life section uses everyday activities to strengthen motor skills and concentration while teaching students how to care for themselves and their communities.
2. The Sensorial Area encourages students to explore their environment through the five senses of sight, touch, smell, hearing, and taste.
3. In the Language Area, children learn phonetic sounds, conversation, and basic reading and writing skills.
4. In the Mathematics Area students use hand-on manipulatives to gain a real and practical understanding of basic mathematical principals.
5. In the Geography and Culture Area, children explore globes and maps and gain a respect for the music, art and traditions of cultures all over the world.
Monmouth Montessori near Manasquan, an AMS-member school, is proud of the environment we’ve created. Here, children can follow their natural drive to learn under the guidance of specially-trained Montessori teachers in a fresh, simple space designed at their eye level and with their interests in mind. Our campus has a Montessori classroom for each level as well as an outside play area for sunny days and a swimming pool for summer.