Montessori School Ocean Grove, NJ
The goal of Montessori is to encourage children to follow their natural drive to learn, expand their attention span through long periods of uninterrupted concentration, and develop a sense of their rights and responsibilities in the world community. At Monmouth Montessori near Ocean Grove, NJ, we believe that every child will find their own path to success with the right tools and teachers to guide them. We are always overjoyed to see our students delight as they decode how the world works and discover their place within it.
The Montessori curriculum concentrates on five areas of critical learning and development:
- Practical Life is the study of self and community help skills, grace and courtesy, and movement. Through Practical Life materials, children build self-confidence and develop large and fine motor skills.
- Language begins with letter shapes and sounds and progresses to reading, writing and composition.
- The Cultural area investigates science, history, geography and world cultures through maps, globes and other hands-on experiences.
- In the Sensorial area children are encouraged to learn by processing information gathered through the senses.
- The Math area teaches counting and basic calculation with concrete materials. Later, those skills transfer to abstract concepts and pen and paper work.
Monmouth Montessori Academy near Ocean Grove is located in a 19th-century schoolhouse on nearly an acre of land with a playground and pool. Our air-conditioned classrooms for preschool, kindergarten and elementary students are bright open spaces filled with child-sized furnishings and shelves full of beautiful and inviting Montessori learning tools. Students are allowed the freedom to choose their work from one of the five learning areas and to explore that interest for long periods of uninterrupted time. Given the freedom to follow their curiosity where it leads and the expert guidance of a trained teacher, students never seem to tire of learning about their world.